Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am a freelance illustrator, artist and paper crafter. I hope you will set back, have a peek around my blog, check out my archives and enjoy!
I would love it if you would "Follow" me and visit often! :)

Click directly on the green arrow below to hear a quick message from me. :)

Followers




PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VISIT MY OTHER PAGES AND TO GET TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. ;)



Some Of My Favorite Creations To Date

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Quick, Simple and Elegant Card with Ribbon and Stickers

Hi Everyone!
Before I tell you about my card today, I would like to remind you all that there is still time to enter our Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings "Black and White" challenge. We sure would love to have you join us, and who knows....you might be the winner of the Really Reasonable Ribbon gift certificate!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to my card.....
Got  a twist today. Coming from a stamp illustrator, it might sound funny when I tell you that you need not be a painter or like stamping and coloring to make pretty cards.
Bonnie, from Really Reasonable Ribbon, sent me a sample piece of her absolutely gorgeous new hand-dyed silk ribbon in Hydrangea and I instantly thought of some butterfly stickers that I bought quite some time ago but never used.
See how perfectly they match? You have got to see and feel this fabulous silk ribbon! It is so luxurious!


I added some Kaiser half pearls that I also got from Really Reasonable Ribbon and did a little paper piercing.
This card took less then 10 minutes to make and I think anyone would love to receive it.


That perfect bow was made with a Bow-Easy. Love it!


BTW...the butterfly stickers are from K&Company's "Smitten" collection and the sentiment stamp is from Verve's "Thankful Hearts" set.

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Hope you will leave some love before you go!
Hugs,
True :D

7 comments:

Ms. Jen said...

WOW True those butterflies are gorgeous! That ribbon does match perfectly and I love the shine it has. I was admiring your slideshow of your favorites at the top of the blog, what talent you have girlie!!

Happy Little Crafter said...

WOW --- This is truly a show-stopper kind of card! I love seeing all your beautiful work and talent on your blog :-)

Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

Great cards, I love all the vibrant colors!

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

So beautiful! I love the color palette you used!

Christine said...

I do love stickers, beautiful work!

Cassie said...

What a lovely card. I adore the piercing!
=)

Kathlene said...

Beautiful butterfly stickers and the ribbon bow--gorgeous! Love it.